Equality Objectives Statement
Seghill First School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school;
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities;
- To narrow the gap between the attainment of boys and girls in reading, writing and maths at the end of Key Stage 1;
- To narrow the gap between the attainment of disadvantaged pupils, particularly those who have Special Educational Needs, and non-disadvantaged pupils;
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities;
- To allow equal access to information for all parents;
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
You can download our equality policy and accessibility plan below.